Apr 11, 2009

today the sun returns to the exact position in the sky as it was the day when I was born

Today is not much different than the other days. The only different thing is only now I am not younger 1 year anymore. Glek (menelan ludah) time really flies :) I try to avoid this day, but what can I do? all I can do is only leaving Jakarta to Beverly (Tembagapura–red) malah my birthday will be advance for about 2 hours, hahaha. Oh my gosh…. (If I could go to US may be my birthday will be delayed for 12 hours, pretty work heheheh).. terlepas dari itu lot of friends had greeted me (they all said : using Jakarta's time)




A birthday is always be a good milestone to evaluate ourselves. What have I done, have I made any difference during last 12 months, did I make any mistakes and failures, have I been a better person? It is also a good time to question ourselves, what do you want to do with your life from now on? Buat saya, pertanyaan-pertanyaan itu tidak pernah mudah untuk dijawab. Saya mencoba melihat diri saya sendiri, apa bedanya Royn yang sekarang dengan Royn setahun yang lalu? To answer it quantitatively is easier than qualitatively: I was in working in here a year ago and now I am still here but different position; I have proved (at least to myself) that I could get a better job after several trying; despite of the fact that I am a worker, I still managed my brain for learning about my lovely GIS, Geomatic and Remote Sensing, still spending my knowledge for some data processing for several master student, still to thinking how I can gain $ by conduct the training, and start to thinking [already] for having small house in ‘there’ hahaha. But what is the meaning of those quantitative measurements? The more you have, the more you should thanks to God. Instead of saying "Tuhan, terimakasih buat semuanya selama beberapa tahun ini", was one of my first sentence “oh my gosh today I am getting older and being single”....


Hey, I said that it is quantitatively. How about the quality of your life? Have I been a better person? Have I been a smarter person? Do I have a good relationship with the loved ones? Sudahkah saya memberi banyak seperti saya menerima banyak dari orang lain? Yang paling gampang dulu deh ;) I doubt that I am now a better person than a year ago. I also smarter from a year ago [workload has train me close the edge]. Saya masih Royn yang sering menyalahkan keadaan & orang lain instead of learning from our experience. Saya juga masih Royn yang di satu sisi sangat tidak percaya diri dan lugu, tapi di sisi yang lain Royn yang sangat sombong dan arogan.


Relationship? Hmm not an easy question, Couple times I tried for making relationship with gurls with different religion always running well [why?].. but the last one when I trying make relationship with ‘her’ [who has same religion as well with me] the condition was being an obstacle. Aneh…. ;)



Oh well, akhirnya, saya sampai kepada pertanyaan yang diajukan sobat saya yang selalu mengutarakan pertanyaan relatif sulit : What wishes do you have for the year ahead?





Generally, I love today, I am getting old, I have to more responsible to my our own life and body, I have to more respective to each other, I have to more down to earth (Dhita, 2009), I have to leave ‘my childish’ habit, but one thing that I never wanna change…. Always being the best and #1.











0 comments:

 
;